Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Only the dead get off at Kymlinge Part 2

In my Geek Monthly "tunnel crawling" piece (Urban Exploration) I spoke with Monkey #1, a Swedish explorer and photographer. Here's a further excerpt - and brilliant quote - from our conversations:

Monkey: "I believe that people just see things differently. Some people take pictures of their children, others of their pets and their favourite rock and roll artist. And some people just chronicle their entire vacation with whole albums of every day screenshots. Me, I take pictures of empty hallways, pieces of shattered glass and rusted barbwire fences. When Joe Somebody looks down on what used to be a stray cat (now splattered on the asphalt) he sees roadkill. When I look down at the same thing I see a Kodak moment."

No comments: